BANANA WALNUT WAFFLES
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cups canola or vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Set your waffle iron in a level, clean surface and turn on to preheat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, vanilla extract buttermilk, bananas, and walnuts. Add the wet ingredients, all at once to the dry ingredients. Stir until just incorporated. Try not to over-mix the batter. If a few lumps remain in the batter, that’s ok.
- Cook according to your waffle machine instructions.
- Serve with warm maple syrup. Waffles are best served immediately.
Note: Allow waffles to cool completely. Store them in pairs in ziplock bags and store in the freezer. In the morning, gently reheat waffles in the toaster or toaster oven. Best toaster breakfast ever.
You can find the full recipe here.